Advanced management development programme for healthcare professionals
Why This Programme
Health care delivery system in India has been passing through a revolutionary change in the diagnostic and therapeutic technology leading to rise in cost of care on the hand and a phenomenal rise in the expectations of the community on the other. As a result there is enormous increase in complexity in the delivery of health care services, demanding efficient quality management of facilities within the available resource at optimum cost, to achieve the productivity target of an organization, and also to maintain customer satisfaction. In India, there is a need of large number of qualified administrators say, about 18000 at junior level and 10000 at mid level in approximately for 16000 hospitals. The proposed Advanced MDP will be able to provide orientation to a large number till such time they acquire formal degree/diploma qualifications. Further this program shall act as an update to those already qualified.
Objectives Of The Programme
The overall objective of the programme is to train the healthcare managers in using modern operations management techniques for efficient and effective management of healthcare services
The programme is designed for, Medical. Superintendents, Dy. Medical Supdt., Medical directors, Nursing directors, Hospital Managers, Manager Operations - Quality managers, Quality Assurance Officers, HMIS Officers/Consultants, Public Health Consultants, Doctors, Healthcare consultants, Supply Chain Managers, Hospital Operations Executives, Distribution and Logistics Managers with substantial managerial responsibilities, interests, and motivation to learn and improve healthcare services.
- The six day workshop will focus on all the important topics pertinent to Healthcare organizations. Some important topics that will be covered in the programme are listed below:
- Emerging issues in hospital and health care management
- Challenge in health infrastructure facilities manpower, finance and other resources, and planning /provisioning them.
- Changes in internal and external environment of health facilities-increase in demand versus cost of care.
- Case study on Manpower Management.
- Health care operation management PPP models and outsourcing needs
- Planning and management of essential medical care services and resources management
- Motivation, communication, team building and customer relationship management.
- Case studies in operational excellence
- Logistics Management and OR Technique
- Inventory analysis, supply chain management and cost control
- Equipment management and equipment audit
- Case Studies in equipment management
- Health Care Quality Management System and Accreditation
- Quality standards and process of implementation (NABH & NHSRC standards)
- Challenges in implementation of QMS and change management
- Health Informatics and quality indicators.
- Quality and patient safety, medication management etc.
- Case study on quality management
- Financial Management
- Financing and Budgeting
- Cost Accounting and cost analysis
- Cost containment strategies
- Case study on cost containment
- Medico Legal issue in health care
- Consumer Protection Act & its application in health services
- Legal and ethical issues in health & hospital care practices
- Clinical Establishment act & its applications
- Important Acts applicable in hospital practice
- Case studies on Health & Law
How You Will Benefit
- Build trust and assure efficiency in the workplace by developing effective staff relations and positive work environments
- Adapt your organization to the changes brought on by healthcare reforms
- Explore the financial issues that are unique to healthcare organizations
- Understand the thrust areas to ensure quality and safety in patient care.
- Understand how personal ethics and organizational values affect decision making in the healthcare settings
- Lastly, a good leader may not be good manager, similarly a good manager may not be a good leader. Our aims is to develop additional management skills so that the student aspire to develop the following skills:-
- Leadership skills
- Communication skill
- Decision making skill
- Grievance handling skill
- Bargaining skill
- Customer relationship skill
- Cost consciousness
- Programme fee is INR 12,500/- [Inclusive 15% Service Tax] per participant which include tuition fee, course material, lunch and tea during course days.
- 10% Discount will be given for timely registration of Three and more delegates from same organization
- Discount 10% to all AHA Members
- Residential Delegates– Additional Rs. 1400/-Single bedded and Rs. 1000/- double bedded [inclusive b’fast and dinner] for board and lodging per day. No discount on board and lodging.
Click below to download detailed brochure and application form: