Thursday, May 26, 2016
Health Technology Assessment (HTA) is a multidisciplinary field of analysis studying the clinical, economic, social and ethical implications of development, diffusion and use of healthcare technologies, in a systematic, transparent, unbiased and comprehensive manner.
- Health products supplier Industry:
- A third party scientific assessment of products brings positive market impact
- Understanding health economic indicators adds value to crude cost dimensions
- Assessment enables product providers to reach out to potential customers (private & public) with proven report on product efficacy and cost effectiveness Healthcare Provider Industry:
- Guidance in selection of most economical and suitable medical technologies
- Information on clinical benefits of medical technology innovations
- Understanding of economics of technology selection
AHA has carried out following Health Technology Assessment for few innovative type of equipments:
- Mobile Clinical Laboratory- Health technology assessment outcome showed that the equipment is both clinical and cost effective.
- Neonatal Transcutaneous Bilirubin-meter: Through Health technology assessment we found it is a useful screening diagnostic tool for measuring serum bilirubin in Neonates, transcutaneous on forehead, without giving them needle prick for blood sample.