290, NILGIRI APARTMENTS, ALKHNANDA, NEW DELHI-110019. Tel: 011-260275961[R], 9810423788
MBBS, MD [CHA] DNB [HA]
GIST OF CAREER
- Graduated from Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), joined Central Health Service (CHS) in 1972. Completed MD (Health Administration) and Diplomate National Board - DNB (Health and Hospital Admin) during service.
- Officiated as Vice Chancellor IGNOU under Statute 1(6) of IGNOU Act (from time to time). Served IGNOU as Professor and Director, School of Health Sciences (1996-2012), pioneered the development and launch of about a dozen post-graduate diploma and degree programmes for doctors and nurses. Some notable programmes are PG Diploma Clinical Cardiology, Maternal and Child Health, Geriatric Medicine, Dialysis Medicine, Health Care Waste Management, Endotontics, Oral Implantology, Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing and more.
- Accreditation Committee Member (2004-2007) of the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Health Care Providers (NABH) under Quality Council of India.
- Accreditation expert for National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) Govt. of India.
- Worked as Assistant Medical Superintendent Safdarjung Hospital New Delhi (1978-81).
- Senior faculty and Head, Department of Medical Care & Hospital Administration, NIHFW 1981-96.
- Visited around 40 countries on various short term and long term assignment of IGNOU, WHO/UNDP/GOI and others.
- Awarded Colombo Plan Fellowship to undergo one year diploma course in health services administration (DHSA) at Nuffield institute, Leeds University (UK) 1981-82.
- PG Certificate Course on “Planning and Management of Primary Health Care in Developing Countries” (1988), at Andrija Stamper School of Public Heath, Zagreb (Yugoslavia).
- Visiting Teacher to Andrija Stamper School of Public Health, Zagreb Croatia (1989-1991).
- Invited by GEF,UNDP and HCWH to participate in an International Workshop on Mercury Hazards, held at Manila, Philippines, 2010
- More than 40 publications and 3 books including authoring chapter 13 in WHO’s (Geneva) Second Edition of “Safe Management of Waste from Health Care Activities (Blue Book), 2012-2013.
- Expert Resource member of GGHH/HCWH initiative on Green Hospitals & HCWM.
FELLOWSHIP & MEMBERSHIP
• President of Indian Society of Hospital Waste Management (ISHWM),
• President of Association of community Health and Hospital Administrators (ACHHA).
• Life member Indian Public Health Association,
• Past Vice President of Academy of Hospital Administration (AHA).
• Fellow of Indian Society of Hospital Waste Management.