PATIENT SAFETY AND INFECTION CONTROL IN HEALTH CARE ORGANIZATIONS
Medical Officers, Clinicians, Patient Safety Officers, Microbiologists, Hospital Administrators, Sr. and Middle level Managers, Executives, Nurses, paramedics, NGO’s working in health sector, healthcare management consultants, HR professionals, Training Executives in hospitals, etc.
The six day workshop will feature all the important topics pertinent to patient safety and infection control in Healthcare organizations. Some important topics that will be covered in the programme are listed below:
- Introduction to patient safety in healthcare Adverse Event, Medication Safety & Errors
- Creating a change in organizational culture for promoting patient safety
- Patient Safety risk management tools – FEMA, QFD, etc.
- Innovations in healthcare for supporting patient safety initiatives through IT
- Principles of cleaning, disinfection and sterilization in health care settings.
- Major hospital-associated infections and risk of transmission and prevention strategies in various health care settings
- Hospital Associated infection
- Epidemiology of hospital associated infections and surveillance..
- Managing an outbreak in the hospital setting
- Important infection control interventions and their indication
Programme fee is INR 9000/- [Inclusive 12.36% Service Tax] per participant which include tuition fee, course material, lunch and tea during course days.
- 10% Discount will be given for timely registration of Three and more delegates from same organization
- Discount 10% to all AHA Members
For Further Details download brochure :-
To sensitise the nursing administrators on latest trends and developments in the field of hospital and health management, and to enable them to take up higher responsibilities in management of quality nursing care services in health care institutions.
a) To create an awareness of the changing and challenging roles of nursing services in management of resources to provide quality care at optimum cost to the satisfaction of consumers.
b) To equip the participants with knowledge and skill of scientific management to carry out their responsibilities efficiently.
c) To provide a platform for interaction amongst the participants and to identify the recent trends in speciality nursing.
Nursing professionals engaged in planning and management of nursing care and nursing services at unit or sub-unit level in any health care institution, belonging to Government, Public or Private Sectors. Teaching staff in nursing schools/colleges are also welcome.
a) Role and functions of nursing professionals engaged in management of nursing care and nursing services.
b) Management science and technology as applicable in nursing services.
c) Nursing management needs for speciality nursing areas like critical care, operating room, peadiatric nursing, community psychiatric nursing, cardio-thoracic care and so on.
d) Management of resources of men, money and materials in all areas of nursing care services.
e) Quality Management, Quality Assurance, Quality Standards and Accreditation of Hospitals, Cost Containment and Patient Satisfaction.
To understand complex functions of a present day hospital, and role and duties of nursing administrator.
Learn leadership, team building and Human Resource Management in a hospital
Study the principles, philosophy and functions of nursing service department, and techniques of supervision.
Study records and reports to be maintained by the Nursing department, and hospital informatics.
Understand role and importance of Material management
Acquire communication skills in hospitals and Customer Relationship Management.
Study professional ethics, Legal aspects and CPA
Learn Disaster Management, Waste Management, Hospital Infection Control.
Study methods of Quality Management, Quality Assurance, Nursing Audit and Cost Containment.
- RS. 5000/- [Rupees Five thousand only] per non-resident delegate [inclusive Service Tax 14% or as applicable, Lunch, tea & study materials]. Discount of 10% will be given for timely registration of Three delegates and above from same organization.
- Residential Delegates – Additional Rs. 5000/- [Five thousand only] for board and lodging [for six (6) days]. No discount on board and lodging. Academy of Hospital Administration have own guest house in AHA House, NOIDA where we accommodate [32 persons] on payment of nominal charges for board & lodging.
ADVANCED MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
FOR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS
WHY THIS PROGRAMME ?
Health care delivery system in India has been passing through a revolutionary change in the diagnostic and therapeutic technology leading to rise in cost of care on the hand and a phenomenal rise in the expectations of the community on the other. As a result there is enormous increase in complexity in the delivery of health care services, demanding efficient quality management of facilities within the available resource at optimum cost, to achieve the productivity target of an organization, and also to maintain customer satisfaction. In India, there is a need of large number of qualified administrators say, about 18000 at junior level and 10000 at mid level in approximately for 16000 hospitals. The proposed Advanced MDP will be able to provide orientation to a large number till such time they acquire formal degree/diploma qualifications. Further this program shall act as an update to those already qualified.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The overall objective of the programme is to train the healthcare managers in using modern operations management techniques for efficient and effective management of healthcare services
The programme is designed for, Medical. Superintendents, Dy. Medical Supdt., Medical directors, Nursing directors, Hospital Managers, Manager Operations - Quality managers, Quality Assurance Officers, HMIS Officers/Consultants, Public Health Consultants, Doctors, Healthcare consultants, Supply Chain Managers, Hospital Operations Executives, Distribution and Logistics Managers with substantial managerial responsibilities, interests, and motivation to learn and improve healthcare services.
The six day workshop will focus on all the important topics pertinent to Healthcare organizations. Some important topics that will be covered in the programme are listed below:
Emerging issues in hospital and health care management
• Challenge in health infrastructure facilities manpower, finance and other resources, and planning /provisioning them.
• Changes in internal and external environment of health facilities-increase in demand versus cost of care.
• Case study on Manpower Management.
Health care operation management PPP models and outsourcing needs
• Planning and management of essential medical care services and resources management
• Motivation, communication, team building and customer relationship management.
• Case studies in operational excellence
Logistics Management and OR Technique
• Inventory analysis, supply chain management and cost control
• Equipment management and equipment audit
• Case Studies in equipment management
Health Care Quality Management System and Accreditation
• Quality standards and process of implementation (NABH & NHSRC
• Challenges in implementation of QMS and change management
• Health Informatics and quality indicators.
• Quality and patient safety, medication management etc.
• Case study on quality management
• Financing and Budgeting
• Cost Accounting and cost analysis
• Cost containment strategies
• Case study on cost containment
Medico Legal issue in health care
• Consumer Protection Act & its application in health services
• Legal and ethical issues in health & hospital care practices
• Clinical Establishment act & its applications
• Important Acts applicable in hospital practice
• Case studies on Health & Law
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT
• Build trust and assure efficiency in the workplace by developing effective staff relations and positive work environments
• Adapt your organization to the changes brought on by healthcare reforms
• Explore the financial issues that are unique to healthcare organizations
• Understand the thrust areas to ensure quality and safety in patient care.
• Understand how personal ethics and organizational values affect decision making in the healthcare settings
• Lastly, a good leader may not be good manager, similarly a good
manager may not be a good leader. Our aims is to develop additional
management skills so that the student aspire to develop the following
Decision making skill
Grievance handling skill
Customer relationship skill
Programme fee is INR 12500/- [Inclusive 14.5% Service Tax] per participant which include tuition fee, course material, lunch and tea during course days.
10% Discount will be given for timely registration of Three and more delegates from same organization
Discount 10% to all AHA Members
Residential Delegates– Additional Rs. 1400/-Single bedded and Rs. 1000/- double bedded [inclusive b’fast and dinner] for board and lodging per day. No discount on board and lodging.